Saturday 4 December 2010

Latest Purchase - Ramadanman & Appleblim

Ramadanman & Appleblim - Void 23 (Aus Music)


The line up of personnel involved in this single was was attracted me to it in the first place. Ramadanman and Appleblim have been involved in a lot of interesting music recently, and the input of Carl Craig is always enough to get me to give something a listen. I reckon it also shows that some of this new UK stuff is getting a bit more international.

Four/Four techno with dubby stylings is the order of the day here. The original mix has an unusual meandering feel that I quite like, with sprawling breakdowns and build ups and nice gradual variations on the elements. I've heard a bit of stuff from these guys before and it sounds quite different from what I might have expected, nor does it sound like much else I've come across recently.

Carl Craig's edit narrows the scope to a few particular elements and develops a bit more of a drive to the track and it certainly seems a bit more mix/dance focussed.  

It's hard to call a favourite here as there is a lot to like about both, although I reckon I've been playing the edit a bit more often.




No comments:

Post a Comment