Saturday 4 September 2010

Latest Purchase - The Clash

The Clash - The Clash



Almost embarrassingly, I did not have this Clash classic before now.  I have most of their other albums already, but I was waiting to get the US version of this album to get the slightly different tracklist from the original UK release.  The additions are drawn from singles which were released around the time.

Most important for me was White Man in Hammersmith Palais, not only one of my favourite Clash songs, but one of my favourite songs of all time.  There is so much good stuff on this album that I have added videos for a dose of the tracks.









2 comments:

  1. I have the UK version (which lacks I Fought The Law) on CD, though my ex-flatmate owned the US version. We got into long arguments about the best combination of tracks. Definitely White Man. Definitely Career Opportunities, which I think is missing from the US version

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to report that Career Opportunites is included on this version. I'm fairly confident that this is the best combination as it has many great bonuses and nothing that I really miss off the original.

    ReplyDelete