Tuesday 22 March 2011

Latest Purchase - Marvin Gaye

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On (Tamla)


Surely I don't need to explain who Marvin Gaye is, or much about this record.  Maybe I should explain that the reason I didn't already own this already is because I'm not sure I like it that much. Sure, it has an a couple of awesome songs which make it worth picking up, but I don't enjoy listening to it from start to finish, which kind of wrecked my plan of growing to love this as an album by repeatedly playing the record through as an album.   

Great as parts of this record are, buying this album seems more like a gap-filling or box-ticking exercise to me than than a glaring omission rectfied after playing this new purchase through a few times and hoping for the whole thing to click.




No comments:

Post a Comment