Saturday 4 December 2010

Latest Purchase - Slackk

Slackk - Theme EP (Numbers)


Didn't know anything about this until I saw this in the racks in rubadub. Numbers is the label they are running now and I've not been that interested in many of the releases, but I still check them out.  This wasn't a hard decision to make.

rubadub say something like the title track ‘Theme from Slackk’ brings back the raw aggression of the aptly named Underground Resistance classics Fury and Punisher and intermixes it with the tribal energy of UK Funky". I think this is pretty accurate, although I did change one of the track titles. It certainly put ideas like that into my head before I'd read their blurb.

I had a huge smile on my face as soon as I heard this, so it was definitely coming straight home with me. The two versions of Theme are great fun. The only real difference is that the dub doesn't have the voice spelling out S-L-A-C-K-K.

The other side 'Fireflies' uses similar sounds, but is maybe a little more 'serious'. This is a quality single and I'll definitely be keeping my eye out for Slackk in future.




No comments:

Post a Comment