Friday 31 December 2010

Latest Purchase - Martyn

Martyn - Left Hander/Shook Up (3024)


I was given some money for xmas and as always happens whenever I have some spare coin floating about, I've got to use some of it on vinyl.  In this case I popped into rubadub and picked up a couple of pretty new electronic releases.

First up is this latest offering from Martyn on his own 3024 label.  I've picked up most of the releases on this label, aside from Martyn's album which I have to confess I found pretty disappointing, especially on vinyl as it lacked the previous singles which were included on the cd making it a slightly more tempting proposition.

This single is a bit better though, making a sort of cocktail of techno/house/dubstep. I reckon I probably prefer the flip side, Shook Up with its more traditionaland pumping 4:4 programming and fat bassline, but Left Hander isn't bad either. I'm happy that this is a good single as it indicates that Martyn still has a lot to offer, contrary to what his album maybe suggested.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment