Friday 28 January 2011

Latest Purchase - Sandwell District

Sandwell District - Feed Forward Test Session (Sandwell District)


I'm finally getting over my mid winter period where I feel like I ought to hibernating and I'm ready to do something other than massacre computer game sprites.

Part of this has meant that the search for special plastic has been rejuvenated, and this is the first fruits of this year that I've thought was worth talking about.

More of that sweet, minimal Sandwell sound over a pair of sides. The fact it's meant to be a live recording might account for how familiar parts of it sound. If this is Sandwell District live, I hope they play near me soon.

I can't pick a favourite between the sides and I am liking the single more each time I play it so I reckon it's safe to say this is a winner. 

This however brings me on to a bit of a rant. I am frankly raging that all of the copies of the Sandwell Feed Forward album that came out around the same time seem to have been bought up on pre-order by speculators who want to punt them on the internet at gouging multiples of the original price. Shame, because I reckon it could be something special. Maybe I'm just annoyed I didn't get one though.


No comments:

Post a Comment