Sunday 16 January 2011

New Page - Favourite Releases of 2010

I've been more lazy than usual lately and I've been deep in the xbox as well. I guess that Glasgow in mid-winter lends itself to that sort of action, especially when you throw in all the festive boozing.  I haven't really bought much recently and haven't really felt they merited posting about, but I reckon I'll get things going again soon. There are already a few things I'm planning to get and I seem to be shaking off some of the laziness. 

I think there is new Sandwell District stuff and my mate told me about an album of garage rock covers of Detroit techno that sounds amazing. Plus there are re-issues of German and African stuff and a world of expensive internet purchases to look forward to.

I've spent the last wee while going back and pretty systematically listening to all of the records I bought last year. I've made a list of my favourites and have created a new page dedicated to it. It's a bit arbitary as I excluded anything that wasn't a 'new' release last year. I even feel a bit like arguing with myself about some inclusions/exclusions, but then thats lists...

Favourite Releases Of 2010

I'm also planning to add my Top 50 most played tunes of the year, but that takes a bit of time to sort out in the fashion I plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment