Thursday 17 February 2011

Latest Purchase - Peverelist

Peverelist - Infinity Is Now (Tectonic)


I've been on a bit of spree recently and haven't really been writing about the records as they came in. A lot of gear from the internet so it was all coming in dribs and drabs. I decided to wait until everything had arrived before posting, but i'm feeling the backlog is getting a little out of hand.


This is an older release on Pinch's label Tectonic that I missed when it was first released.  Punch Drunk boss Peverelist gives us 2 excellent techno flavoured dubstep tracks. Nice effort in mutual back scratching with the back and forth of releases on each other's labels. I always like that kind of thing as it makes it easier to keep exploring and discovering new music through the connections.

I reckon I prefer the flip Junktion for its unusual rhythms and weird atmosphere, but they are both quality tunes.






No comments:

Post a Comment