Sunday 31 October 2010

Latest Purchase - Frozen Border

Frozen Border - Frozen Border 1 (Frozen Border)


More white label techno from rubadub.  I'd let this Frozen Border label pass me by until Kid Ritalin let me hear some stuff on the related Horizontal Ground label at one of our recent Molotov Disco practice sessions. I went in to rubadub the first chance I got and they had a fair few titles from both labels. I found a couple that I had to get straight away.


I don't know anything about the artists behind this, but for me that just adds to it.  I kind of like my techno to be nameless, faceless and pressed on to info free white labels.  Discogs says its UK based and that is where the info stops.

There are two untitled tracks of jacking techno on this 12. They both have a quite a retro sound and while they may get a little bit repetitive if you listen to them just as tracks, I'm certain that they would mix well.

I reckon the a-side shades it slightly for me but they are both solid tracks.

My copy of this is slightly different from the the versions pictured as it has a white label with just an e-mail address stamped on to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment