Friday 20 August 2010

Latest Purchase - Terror Danjah

Terror Danjah & DOK - Hysteria/Bruzin VIP (Hyperdub)


I've been following Kode9's Hyperdub label with interest for a wee while now.  I eagerly check the singles out as they get released.  I don't buy them all, but they are always an interesting listen and I probably take home more than I knock back.

I popped in to rubadub today to see if they had the new Cooly G single, but was disappointed to be told it was sold out already.  They had this in, which I hadn't known about. 

I've already got the previous Terror Danjah on Hyperdub so I was extra keen to give it a spin and it sounded easily cool enough to pick up. 

I reckon Hysteria would be the lead track, but there is a lot to like about both sides. It is quite mental though, with all the lazer synths and beats that tend towards the chaotic in places.  


After getting it home and giving it a few listens, I'm a little in two minds about it, but time will tell. 





No comments:

Post a Comment