Thursday 16 September 2010

Latest Purchase - KidKut

Kidkut - ILove 04/Lilt (Apple Pips)

 
The third of my pre gig rubadub purchases.

The 13th release on Appleblim's Bristol Based Apple Pips label.  I have to confess that I have picked up all of them so far.  Some of them have been amongst my favourite releases over the last couple of years.  They tend to be from artists that I had never heard of before and are generally a bit of a different take on Dubstep, or UK Funky or whatever.  Whether they are top rated favourites or not they are consistently intersting and different releases, that give me some excitement when I see there is a new one around.


I took to the A-side of this immediately.  I almost think it's quite light and poppy, with it's light breakbeats, smooth techno chords and smatterings of fat bass.  Don't even mind the hints of vocals dusted around.  It has a strange break in the middle with what sounds like a sample of 808 State.  


I played it at the Art School, but unfortunately it managed to clear the dance floor!  Shit happens though, so I haven't suddenly decided it's rubbish.  I'd prefer to explain what happened with reference to 'other factors'. Anyhow, I've added a link for it so you can make up your own mind.

Kidkut - Ilove04 
Kidkut - Lilt 

No comments:

Post a Comment