Saturday 2 October 2010

Latest Purchase - Future Bass Compilation

Various Artists - Future Bass (Soul Jazz Records)

I've been a big fan of Soul Jazz Records for a while now, particularly for their reggae, funk and soul complilations.  While I haven't always been so convinced by their electronic music complilations, I felt this was just too hot to resist.

I saw this in rubadub last week when I was picking up the Model 500 single and got it put by with another couple of things to collect when I had more cash. 


Featuring contributions from Mala and Coki from Digital Mystiks, LD who has released on Hyperdub and elsewhere, Ginz who has collaborated with Joker and is in Emptyset, Four Tet, Untold, Ramadanman and Kevin Martin's latest outfit Black Chow this album is a really good cross section of the adventurous side of current UK Bass Music.  There are also tracks by artists that are new to me which are very interesting and will require further investigation, particularly V.I.V.E.K and Sub Version


There is a wide range of styles on this triple pack, ranging from out and out rampant bangers to more subdued introspective moods. I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted with all of these.





No comments:

Post a Comment