Thursday 16 September 2010

Latest Purchase - Jam City

Jam City - Ecstacy ReFix (Night Slugs)


I popped in to rubadub on my way home from work yesterday as I like to get something new before I go out to play.  I picked up 3 tasty titles.  The first of them was this set of reworks on the Night Slugs label.  I was only dimly aware of the label before, but I reckon I might be check it out it in a bit more detail now.

The A side is far and away the best track on this EP.  Awesome chords, mammoth slabs of bass and crazy drums.  What more could you ask for?

Both Rothko and I got this within the last few days, so we did have to consider who should get to play it at the Art School gig. However, since he got his first, I thought it only fair to let him have the honour and didn't even take my copy out. It really sounded great booming out of the soundsystem there.

 





The label shown on this video is for the original version of the track, but the audio is the right tune. 

No comments:

Post a Comment