Saturday 11 September 2010

Latest Purchase - Arcade Fire

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs



I actually bought this album last weekend, but forgot to post about it at the time.  Bad habits starting already!


I went out full of excitement, looking forward to checking out the 2 new Underground Resistance singles.  Unfortunately I didn't really like either of them.  This was a big disappointment for me as I have consistently bought all of their releases for years now.  I'm working on a separate page dedicated to my love of UR, so that might give some hint of how this hit me.

In an attempt to get over this I went off in search of alternatives to use the money I had expected to spend on UR.  I bought 2 Prince LPs and a 12" of OMD Enola Gay for buttons, and then saw the vinyl of the new Arcade Fire.

I loved their first LP, but never took to the follow up.  Rothko has been raving about this new one and I've liked the songs I'd heard from it so I decided to take a punt.

I've played it a few times and I'm quite impressed.  I don't often listen to albums from start to finish these days, but I have enjoyed playing this one through.  There is quite a range moods on this album and it certainly carries you along.  I've gone a bit crazy for one of the last songs Sprawl II.  Its totally atypical of the rest of the album, but its really got me hooked.

I've added a couple of videos. One for Sprawl II and another for the single Ready to Start which is a bit more of a representative selection.











No comments:

Post a Comment