Friday 24 September 2010

Latest Purchase - Jeff Mills

Today was a good day.  

Half day at work then off to get the records.  I picked a discogs order and got something from a shop as well. A few beers along the way and now I'm home to take it easy as I've got plans for tomorrow.

I'll start with a selection from the discogs package.  I got a load of old stuff that I've planned to get for ages off the rubadub discogs.  There was plenty of temptation, generally going pretty cheap and I had to restrain myself a little. I threw a load back after my initial trawl. I was also tempted to pick up some stuff I've already got because I'm sure I could punt it again for more. I guess you can take a boy out of the 80s, but.........

Jeff Mills - Our Man In Havana (Purpose Maker)

 
It's ages since I bought a Jeff Mills record, but I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while.  It features on the Beer for Breakfast mix that my brother and I did a few years back.  It was one of my brother's records and it came out around when I stopped chasing the Axis / Purpose Maker sound so I didn't have it.


A bit of a mistake really as this is an excellent 12. It was Cubango that we used on the mix I mentioned. The other tracks are all solid Mills techno that make me wish I could beatmatch.




No comments:

Post a Comment