Saturday 27 November 2010

Latest Purchase - Philip Glass

Philip Glass - Koyaanisqatsi (Island Records)




This is a bit of an unusual purchase for me. A modern classical soundtrack to a strange movie. 

I first got into the song Pruit Igoe from playing Grand Theft Auto IV as it was on one of the in-game radio channel, but I've heard it loads of other places before and since. The soundtrack to the game is really good in places and has some unusual selections. Way better than you'd normally expect in a computer game.

I bought the DVD of the movie Koyannisqatsi and it is well worth a watch. Loads of images of the world set to this awesome soundtrack. I've watched it a few times and grew to like the music more and more. It all seemed quite familiar from the outset, but I reckon that is down to countless appearances in movies and adverts and in the background on TV.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment