Sunday 27 February 2011

Latest Purchase - Al Green

Al Green - Greatest Hits (London Records)


My favourites from this album are so familiar to me that I think I assumed I already had them somewhere. perhaps on one of the many daft compilations I've bought over the years. After checking though, I found there was a massive Al Green shaped hole in my collection which I lept onto Discogs to sort out.

Gorgeous, lush, warm Memphis soul with Al Green's beautiful vocals setting it all off to perfection. I'm listening to the album while I write this and I just keep getting so carried away by the music that I can barely concentrate to write. I reckon there are a number of stick on, no argument classics in this collection which I am delighted to finally have in my hands.

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment