Sunday 31 October 2010

Latest Purchase - Horizontal Ground

Horizontal Ground - Horizontal Ground 05 (Horizontal Ground)


This was the single that Kid Ritalin played at our recent practice.  I was totally blown away by it and as I mentioned in the last post I went in to rubadub the next day to pick this up and check out all the other available releases.

I really like both sides of this single.  The a-side starts with a few minutes of percussive build up, leading to a pulsing bassline and some dubby chords. Excellent!

The flip side uses basically the same palette of sounds , but starts with the chords from the get go.  I feel I probably prefer this side as it doesn't take so long to get going, and has less of an outro.

I've got to say that I love the fact that the info on this record is black text printed on to a black label.  Not exactly user friendly, but then there is no really meaningful info there anyway.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment