Sunday 7 November 2010

Latest Purchase - LCD Soundsystem

LCD Soundsystem/Paperclip People - Throw (Planet E)


I saw this in rubadab when I was picking up the Sound Stream single.  It took me no thought at all to be needing this.  One of my all time favourite house tracks by Carl Craig's Paperclip People with a cover version of the track by my favourite current band, LCD Soundsystem.  'No Brainer' seems to sum it up.

I've already got another copy of the original version of Throw, but a fresh replacement is welcome as my old one is a wee bit of a battle weary veteran.

LCD Soundsystem's version is fairly faithful to the original, recreating the characteristic bassline and hi-hats. It even has the weird vocals, but their is a new layer of keyboards that adds the LCD Soundsystem stylings.

This is apparently a fixture in LCD's live sets.  I can't remember if they played it when I've seen them before, but I hope they do when I go to see them in a couple of weeks time.

LCD Soundsystem - Throw

No comments:

Post a Comment