Saturday 26 February 2011

Latest Purchase - Fujiya & Miyagi

Fujiya & Miyagi - Ventriloquizzing (Full Time Hobby)


I first heard Fujiya & Miyagi a few years back when one of their songs, Collarbone featured on a car advert on TV. I was immediately taken with their Can/Neu! style sound and have been listening out for them since. Unfortunately for me, they didn't make a vinyl release of the album Transparent Things, so I've been trying to pick up the various 10" singles. Only got one so far.

I saw this album in Mono and decided to take a bit of a risk on it, as much as I like Transparent Things, I don't really like the album they made in between and I hadn't heard any of this yet.  I'm glad I took the punt on it though.

Their sound has changed a bit over time. They are a little darker and tougher sounding with the keyboards more prominent, and even a few wee hints of funk here and there. The album starts out really strongly, but I think it falters a little later on. No real problem though as there are easily enough quality songs on here to make this a worthwhile listen.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment