Monday 7 March 2011

Latest Purchase - Twist & Shout Compilation

Twist & Shout At The Campden Palace (Impact Records)


I had no idea that this low rent mid 80's compilation of 60's tunes existed until Rothko showed me the copy he'd picked up second hand in a real live shop in Glasgow. In the main it is a little unremarkable, about half of it is good but there are a couple of simply awesome tunes in this selection. More importantly these are songs that I didn't have elsewhere.

The primary cause of interest for Rothko and me was Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher which has been a favourite of ours for a long time now. For me, the fact that The Kingsmen's Louie Louie was here as well made me go right out and find another copy immediately.   

Add in two cheesy novelty records also featured that I've had a hankering to pick up for a while, the fact I was able to get it delivered to my door through Discogs for the price of a regular 12" and you've got a situation that resolved itself in a flash.






I like these weird videos I found for these tracks. It had just never crossed my mind to make a video of myself playing a rare record. Still probably won't do it, but these were the least annoying videos with the 'best' sound that I could be arsed finding.

No comments:

Post a Comment