Sunday 3 October 2010

Latest Purchase - Afro-Beat Airways

Afro-Beat Airways: West African Shock Waves
Ghana & Togo 1972-1979 (Analog Africa)


"Organ driven Afro-Beat, cosmic Afro-funk, raw, psychedelic boogie and some other stuff we won't even try to describe are just some of the flavours found on this highly danceable compilation" states the blurb on the back of this album.  I'm not about to argue.

This is the second album I've bought on this Analog Africa label.  Another great cover. It's the same one I mentioned right back at the start of this blog.  I've been waiting a while for this album to come out.  Very pleased its finally here, so I can get torn into it.

I'm not going to say much about this other than this is brilliant compilation and I can't wait to start adding tracks from this into my funkier sets. The description on the back is better than I can manage. I'll also need to find the time to read the comprehensive looking notes printed on pretty much every spare inch of the sleeves of this record.

I've added videos to give a flavour of the quality and variety to be found on this superb album.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment