Thursday 28 October 2010

Latest Purchase - Betty Botox



I had most of the Betty Botox stuff up until this set of 3 12"s came out. I'm not really sure why, but these seemed to just pass me by.  I heard the Severed Heads edit recently and it sent an odd shiver of recognition through me.  I'm sure I must have heard Twitch play it sometime when I was out in party mode.  

I was so taken with this after hearing it that I immediately snatched a copy off Discogs, from the same Belgian dude that sold me the Fela from the last post.

Twitch's edit of Severed Heads mainly consists of moving the intro of the record to the middle, turning it into a breakdown.  Quite simple, but it really works and makes a significant improvement on the original.  My friends are a little divided about this track, but I reckon they'll come around if I just keep playing it.  The Pankow edit is pretty cool too.

I can't find a link to the Twitch edit, so I've added a video for the original.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment